UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA BERKELEY MASTERCARD FOUNDATION SCHOLARS PROGRAM 2018/2019 FOR STUDY IN USA (FULLY FUNDED)
Utility Deadline: November 30th 2017
The University of California, Berkeley has partnered with The MasterCard Basis in a collaborative, world community of schooling establishments and non-profit organizations that consider schooling is a catalyst for social and financial development. The way forward for Africa shall be formed by its younger individuals, together with these gifted, but economically deprived college students who face vital limitations to accessing high quality schooling.
The Program goals to learn 17,000 younger individuals over 10 years, principally in Sub-Saharan Africa. At UC Berkeley, the Program will present complete monetary, social, and educational help as much as 118 college students from 2012 to 2020, and is open to each undergraduate Grasp’s college students.
Potential undergraduate college students from Sub-Saharan African nations are welcome to apply to the College of California, Berkeley. Data on the method could be discovered on the Admissions web site and beneath. Nevertheless, The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at UC Berkeley won’t be soliciting functions for undergraduate scholarships for fall 2017 or past.
As an eight 12 months program from 2012 to 2020, the undergraduate recruitment section has ended. The UC Berkeley MasterCard Basis Students Program will proceed to recruit Graduate Scholars for two-year diploma packages that start in Fall 2017 and Fall 2018. In any other case, UC Berkeley doesn’t supply monetary assist to worldwide college students.
- Being a citizen of a Sub-Saharan African nation – In case you have refugee standing, are stateless, or produce other questions concerning your citizenship, you should still be eligible. Please contact us on to make clear. This scholarship will not be meant for residents of North African nations.
- Excelling academically – All potential Students should first be admitted to UC Berkeley to be thought of for the Scholarship. An vital standards for admission to the College is demonstrated educational excellence.
- Coming from an economically deprived background – We goal to confess these from the underside two revenue quintiles per nation. This Scholarship is designed for these extraordinarily gifted people who don’t have any different technique of buying the additional schooling required to assist notice their goals and ambitions.
- Having demonstrated the desire to offer again to your group, nation, or continent – We’re on the lookout for well-rounded college students who’re engaged in actions past the classroom. Some could also be immediately associated to your discipline of examine, however this may occasionally additionally embrace different points (social, financial, political) that you’re engaged on and obsessed with. Candidates ought to elaborate on their achievements each of their utility to UC Berkeley, after which in a while the Scholarship utility.
- Having expressed the will and intention to return to your private home nation after finishing your research – We’re on the lookout for college students who’re engaged with and obsessed with points affecting their communities, and who will benefit from their schooling at UC Berkeley to higher equip themselves with the data and coaching to deal with these points upon return. Whereas vital work could be executed from overseas, the intention of this Program is to allow Students to return residence, after forming invaluable skilled connections by way of internship and job placements.
- Selecting a graduate program: UC Berkeley gives the next Grasp’s packages.**Please observe that PhD and doctoral packages don’t qualify for the Scholarship.
- Architecture (M.Arch)
- Art (MFA)
- Business Administration (MBA)*
- City & Regional Planning (MCP)
- Development Practice (MDP)
- Education (DMS, EMST, or MUSE)
- Energy & Resources (ERG)
- Engineering (M.Eng, MS)
- Folklore (MA)
- Journalism (MJ)
- Information Management & Systems (MIMS)
- Public Health (MPH), various concentrations
- Public Policy (MPP)
- Social Welfare (MSW)
Utility out there August 1 Submitting interval November 1-30* SAT test deadline December 31 Utility deadline November 30 Berkeley notifies candidates of receipt of utility Early January Freshman selections posted Finish of March** Switch selections posted Finish of April* Submit Intent to Register – Admitted Freshman Deadline Might 1 Submit Intent to Register – Admitted Switch Deadline June 1
**Precise determination dates are given to present candidates in affirmation emails and on the scholar utility portal (coming quickly).For Extra Data: