Four Premier League stars, Harry Kane, Eden Hazard, Kevin De Bruyne and Mohamed Salah, as well as their Spanish and French counterparts, are on the ten-name shortlist for The Best Fifa Men’s Player 2018 award.
FIFA’s #TheBest trophy
FIFA has today, revealed the shortlisted candidates for four of the individual trophies, which will be presented at The Best FIFA Football Awards ceremony in London on 24 September 2018.
The announcement comes fresh following a spectacular 2018 FIFA World Cup, where football’s finest showcased their immense passion and unrivalled skill across Russia in the race to be crowned ‘The Best’.
Ten candidates in each of the following four categories have been named:
The Best FIFA Men’s Player:
1. Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal/Real Madrid CF/Juventus FC)
2. Kevin De Bruyne (Belgium/Manchester City FC)
3. Antoine Griezmann (France/Atlético Madrid)
4. Eden Hazard (Belgium/Chelsea FC)
5. Harry Kane (England/Tottenham Hotspur FC)
6. Kylian Mbappé (France/Paris Saint-Germain FC)
7. Lionel Messi (Argentina/FC Barcelona)
8. Luka Modric (Croatia/Real Madrid CF)
9. Mohamed Salah (Egypt/Liverpool FC)
10. Raphaël Varane (France/Real Madrid CF).
The Best FIFA Women’s Player:
1. Lucy Bronze (England/Olympique Lyonnais)
2. Pernille Harder (Denmark/VfL Wolfsburg)
3. Ada Hegerberg (Norway/Olympique Lyonnais)
4. Amandine Henry (France/Olympique Lyonnais)
5. Samantha Kerr (Australia/Sky Blue FC/Perth Glory FC/Chicago Red Stars)